Teach students how the principles of changes in health, or condition of a machine often produce changes in the machine’s vibration.
• Students will be able to determine the condition of machinery as it operates, to schedule the most efficient and effective repair of problem components prior to failure.
• Ideal condition based model – detection, overall analysis, correction, verification. Examples of condition based parameters – vibration, temperature, thermography, ultrasonics.
• Introduce the concept of vibration and how it applies to bearing vibration analysis in the detection of bearing defects and faults
• Brief introduction of spectrum analysis, and an overview of how analysts recognize and analyze typical machinery problems.
• Setting up overall vibration measurement and other parameter results onto trend charts, types of condition monitoring alarms, vibration signal processing methods.